- Apply and be accepted into this program
- Have a child or grandchild in the Georgia education system, private school, and or homeschooled.
- Attend at least six out of the seven training sessions (each session will be a 1 hour to 1 ½ hour-long training session)
- Be active on social media
- Have a strong passion for advocacy and improving education
- April 20th – EPIC introduction and how to tell your story.
- April 27th – Advocacy 101
- May 4th – Organizing 101
- May 11th – The power of relationship building
- May 18th – Education Policy 101
- May 25th – Understanding School Data
- June 1st – Graduation
Each training will begin at 7 pm. Trainings will be recorded.
Please note current Georgia K-12 students can also apply for this program.
The deadline to apply is April 18, 2023.
Once applied, you will receive an email within 48 hours to schedule a virtual interview with a GeorgiaCAN staff member.
There is no stipend associated with this program. This program is volunteer-only.
If you have any questions about the training, please direct them to email@example.com