- Apply and be accepted into this program
- Have a child or grandchild in the Georgia education system, private school and or homeschooled.
- Attend at least six out of the seven training sessions (each session will be a 1 hour to 1 ½ hour-long training session)
- Be active on social media
- Have a strong passion for advocacy and improving education
- September 22nd – EPIC introduction and how to tell your story.
- October 6th – Advocacy 101
- October 13th – Organizing 101
- October 20th – The power of relationship building
- October 27th – Education Policy 101
- November 3rd – Understanding School Data
- November 10th – Graduation
Each training will begin at 7 pm. Trainings will be recorded.
Please note current Georgia K-12 students can also apply for this program.
The deadline to apply is September 9th.
Once applied, you will receive an email within 48 hours to schedule a virtual interview with a GeorgiaCAN staff member.
There is no stipend associated with this program. This program is volunteer-only.
If you have any questions about the training, please direct them to email@example.com
The application process for GeorgiaCAN’s EPIC program is now closed. If you have further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the next cohort will be in Spring 2023.